Wednesday, August 4, 2010

pinwheels

I went to a Tupperware party on Sunday. I was feeling slightly delicate after the food (and wine) show and wanted to eat/bring something cheesy - so I whipped up these pinwheels.

I made a basic bread dough in the breadmaker (about 3tsp yeast, 3 cups flour, 1tsp of sugar & salt, a swig of olive oil and 1 and a bit cups of water). I rolled out the dough, spread on some cream cheese, and scattered over some ham, herbs from the garden and grated edam cheese, then rolled it all up and cut into appropriate sized segments. I brushed the tops with some beaten egg, sprinkled on some poppy seeds and cooked at 180C for around 20 minutes. Yum, just what I needed while checking out all the plastic fantastic containers.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes I make these for the kids using puff pastry, mmmmmm cheesy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...