Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dinner date - Asian broth


Last week, I had dinner at my friend Lucy’s house. She’d just come back from holiday and after overindulging, decided to start a ‘HER’(Healthy Eating Regime). So, in keeping with her HER, Lucy rustled up a delicious Asian Broth. There wasn’t a recipe as such, but the basic components were; Campbell’s chicken stock, garlic, ginger, chilli, lemon and oyster sauce all boiled together. Throw in some veges; like bok choy, red peppers, and snow peas. Lucy then added some prawns and Leanne's Kitchen chicken and prawn dumplings , which were great (I guess you could alternatively make this with any meat and noodles). Toss some bean sprouts in at the end and dish into bowls, garnish with coriander and a wedge of lime or lemon. A healthy, nutritious and delicious dinner date!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I will keep this recipe in mind for when I return from my holiday and need to implement a HER.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...