Monday, August 23, 2010

A few of our favourite things...

Miriam: I spent the weekend at Flaxmill Bay on the Coromandel. While there, we had a wee trip to Cathedral Cove Macadamias. About 3km of dirt road takes you to this delightful wee stall, where you can sample the delicious array of macadamia based products. Brian was ever so friendly and we came away with quite a selection of treats – I’m looking forward to roasting some veges with the macadamia paste – Brian tells us it’s a real hit!
Here's a few of the macadamia goodies we came away with.

Becs: It has been a long, cold, wet winter here in Chistchurch, and the sight and smell of spring flowers is restorative for the soul. This lovely wee bunch of daffodils (they are tiny, it is a baby food jar!) was $2 at the market yesterday, and perfectly fills the brief of cheap and cheerful.



Libby: I have a new favourite sushi place. Yoshi opened on Tuesday in Featherston Street (Wellington) and so far I've been there twice! They do pick-your-own sushi so you can put together your own selection. It's all beautifully made and very fresh - the trays are continually replenished. Wellington has more than its fair share of sushi shops and Wellingtonians seem quite happy to queue for most of their lunch break at the best places. Yoshi has only been open for a few days so there's no queue snaking out the door yet but I'm sure it won't take long...

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love that caravan set-up, what a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mizz, I've met Brian too. I think we swapped life stories in Front of that caravan. It does add to the macadamia experience. Ps good to see something new up after my obsessive five times a day checking of lovely wee days. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becs, will you be at the Chch Farmers Market this Sat? I'm popping down this weekend & would love to visit your stall! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Mel I sure will be. Hopefully it will be warmer than last Saturday....look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...