Monday, May 16, 2011

a few of our favourite things

Libby: I like to have a jar of yoghurt in the fridge to have on cereal, to use in baking and for savoury cooking. My favourite "all-purpose" yoghurt is Easiyo low fat greek. It's the only yoghurt mix I've tried that comes out smooth and creamy. It's also really cheap at about $4 for a sachet that makes up a litre of yoghurt. I like to add a little less water to make it thicker so end up with about 800ml.

Becs: While calling into our local fruit and vege shop for some supplies to make this delicious spiced apple granola, I noticed a large box of bananas on 'sale' for $1.  Although I had to throw a few into the compost, there are now plenty of bags of sliced banana tucked in the freezer ready for banana bread, smoothies, or this beautiful banana ice cream. Love a bargain!


Miriam: This Old Mout Cider's pretty yum with lovely feijoa flavours. It kind of reminds me of the Phoneix sparkling feijoa, but with the addition of 5.8% alcohol.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...