Wednesday, November 3, 2010

afternoon tea for Daisy





It was Daisy's first birthday recently, a very special occasion, so we celebrated with afternoon tea. The menu was...



Asparagus rolls with fresh mint and citrus butter

Chicken, almond and rocket sandwiches

Club sammies with egg, ham and herb mayo

Lemon meringue tarts

Mum's famous date and caramello slice

Miriam's lovely wee melting moments

Little chocolate eclairs



Thanks to everyone for making it such a special day for us xx

5 comments:

  1. Looks glorious! Lovely photos and those lemon meringue tarts are making me drool... A sorry state to be in while sitting in a room full of people! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog. I just had a quick scan through the pictures, as I am just on my way out my mouth is truly watering. I will definitely be back for more. Im actually an expat living in North Queensland so a touch of home is just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elegance of all the afternoon tea goodies, particularly the colours and 'floral' arrangement of the asparagus rolls. Bet they were sumptious - just by loooking at them I can feel their crispness and taste their clean, fresh flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful:) Everything looks delish, surely the most elegant first birthday I have ever seen, I hope you & Daisy had a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  5. first discovered you through reading westcoastkitchen and the story of Bec and Daisy very heart rending .... but beautiful food writing, recipes and photography ! What were the drinks being served here? Yum....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...