Sunday, August 28, 2011

A few of our favourite things

A couple of favourite my things this week actually... with Becs in Australia & Miriam in South America it's just me here and I have two new (to me) food discoveries to share with you.

The first is Bliss Banana Caramel yoghurt made by Cyclops. I thought I was really onto something when I found this in the chiller at Thorndon New World. I love Cyclops banana yoghurt (the one with the yoghurt on the bottom and fruit on the top) but it's really hard to find. This takes it one step further and adds caramel to the banana-fruity part for extra deliciousness. The label says it contains "7 serves of happiness" and I completely agree. It is so SO good. With great excitement after my first mouthful, I called my sisters to tell share this amazing discovery... only to find they'd already tried it. Perhaps you have too? If not, get some but don't share it - it's too delicious!


With the beautiful weather we had in Wellington over the weekend it feels like spring is well and truly on its way. This Aroha tart rhubarb cordial is the perfect, refreshing drink for this time of year. I like a dash in soda water, just enough to blush it pink, with lots of mint and ice. Also good with a splash of gin. Bring on summer!


7 comments:

  1. I love their elderflower cordial with a dash of vodka and soda. Will have to try the rhubarb one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Stephen, their elderflower is lovely too. They also have a new gooseberry one which is nice - similar to the elderflower in that it's quite subtle and floral/perfumey (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the gooseberry is very tasty, good with tequila :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the yoghurt or the cordial...thanks for the heads-up, Libby! Is it just me or is yoghurt getting reeeally good in NZ these days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delaney - yes, a very good combination. Think it might be my drink of choice this summer.

    Laura - NZ yoghurt is amazing! So many fantastic new products in last couple of years. I just tried another Cyclops/Bliss flavour (Mocha) tonight and it tasted kind of like a chocolate cheesecake. It's not going to last long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drink bitter lemon cordial everyday (I don't like plain water) so that tart rhubarb sounds dreamy !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...