Monday, June 20, 2011

A few of our favourite things...




Miriam: While in Christchurch this weekend, I tried some mulled cider that Becs brought from the Dunsandel Store. I'm a big fan of cider, and of mulled wine, so naturally I loved this combo. It was quite sweet, so you only want a glass (or mug depending on your view of how mulled drinks should be served), but it was a great way to warm up on a cold day. I bought a bottle of it to take back to Auckland, but it would be easy to make too, here's a recipe by Jamie Oliver.


Becs: I love these cute as cute can be hair clips and ties from lyttel button, made here in Christchurch in Lyttelton. They are made using fabrics imported from Japan; my favourite are the sweet little bambi clips. If only Daisy would happily leave them in her hair rather than tugging them out immediately...they are $8 per set from lyttel button, their email is lyttelbuttons@gmail.com .


Libby: My new favourite thing is my new house, especially the kitchen! It's lovely and spacious - so much bench space to mess up - and the oven works like an oven should! It was a busy weekend in the kitchen and I've made lots of my favourite recipes: really good cheese scones with mexican tomato soup, pumpkin and raisin tea bread, busy people's bread, burmese chicken curry and an amazing chocolate and prune brownie from the Bourke Street Bakery cookbook. Recipe to follow...

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the new kitchen! I imagine it will be put to good use!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...