Monday, July 2, 2012

A few of our favourite things


Becs: I love this old scalloped-edge mirror I found at John's Collectables in Temuka, when Miriam and I were holidaying there over New Years.  I had been  keeping an eye out on Trademe for one and was thrilled to find this one for a very reasonable price. It is incredibly heavy so in these shaky times has been bolted to the wall.  Daisy and I have just moved into our new house so it is lovely to display special treasures again. 

Another favourite house-related thing is the gorgeous hot pink Fairydown feather blanket I bought for half-price at Farmers last week.  Our family has long been a convert to these amazing blankets, and they have recently released the kids range in bright colours.  Continuing in the colour theme, when in Auckland last month I discovered Collected by Leeann Yare  a colour-filled shop in Mt Eden with loads of beautiful things.  I found the turquoise rug there, after much hunting for a rug for Daisy's room that didn't feature anything Dora or Disney related!


Libby: I was given a potted hyacinth last year and after it finished flowering I abandoned it outside and completely forgot about it. I discovered it again over the weekend and was delighted to see that it has popped up again... I am taking it as a sure sign that SPRING is on its way! 

2 comments:

  1. Love love that mirror! Enjoy your new house:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delight to discover that hyacinth! A heart. gladdening moment! Would love to have spring here right now - this relentless cold is numbing not only my body but my spirit as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...